Let’s Visit The Grand Canyon!

Today we visited six amazing sites. April fools! We used virtual reality viewers. We weren’t actually there but it was awesome! Virtual reality is you can see amazing places but you’re not there. We got virtual reality viewers and our tour guide controlled the viewers. she used it to put us in places, pause it, and take us to another place.  She made an arrow so where we know where to look. A white circle would indicate you found it.

My favorite destination was the Grand Canyon! The Grand Canyon is amazing because there is a lot of facts to learn. The Colorado River flows right through it. It’s 227 miles long (446 kilometers), 0.1-18 miles wide (0.2-29 kilometers), and is more than a mile deep (1.6 kilometers). Did you know some rocks in the Grand Canyon are four billion years old? The Colorado River began eroding the rocks about six million years ago. There are a few animals around like coyotes, foxes, deer, badgers, pumas, bobcats, squirrels, and chipmunks.

This is a google earth picture of the Grand Canyon (photo by me)

What do you know about the Grand Canyon?

Have you used virtual reality?

12 thoughts on “Let’s Visit The Grand Canyon!

1. Hello Robowaffle,

This a great picture. I do admit it’s my first time to read and see use of virtual reality. I admire your choice of location and done on April’s fool day. Check Veronica’s blog veronicapink. edublogs. org

From,
    Thomas Oriya

1. @ Thomas Oriya

Thank you that you like my picture, and It was my first time using virtual reality viewers. The Grand Canyon is where I have wanted to go. Veronicapink is my classmate. April fools day was, in my opinion, is one of the best times to put a post to add an April fools joke!

From,
      Roboticwaffle

2. @Robowaffle,
    Yes, I have used virtual reality before because I’m in your class! I have been to the Grand Canyon before, and I have some really good photos too. So next time you can ask me if you want to use my photos. Have you been to the Grand Canyon? Also, really good photo, I think that it’s from Google Earth.

Your blogging buddy,
    Livy

3. @ Thomas Oriya

Thank you that you like my picture, and It was my first time using virtual reality viewers. The Grand Canyon is where I have wanted to go. Veronicapink is my classmate. April fools day was, in my opinion, is one of the best times to put a post to add an April fools joke.

From,
    Roboticwaffle

4. Virtual reality sounds amazing! It’s easy to “be” somewhere without actually going there. Apart from the Grand Canyon, where else did you “visit”?

1. @ RoboDad

Virtual reality was amazing, it’s easy to go somewhere when you’re actually not there! Some other places were the Statue of Liberty, The Gateway Arch, the Golden Gate Bridge, the White House, the China Room, the Alamo, and Mt. Rushmore. Which of these would you like to go to? Which do you know the most facts about? If not what are some you know about some of these places?

From,
      Roboticwaffle

1. Luckily, I have visited all those places in the real world except for the China Room, so that’s where I would like to go. Mt Rushmore is interesting – here are some facts: since the statues are so big, they were carved into the mountain using dynamite. The heads of the 4 Presidents were completed but the project ran out of money and so the plan to carve the bodies was abandoned.

1. @ RoboDad,

You’ve actually visited all those places! (except the China Room) You never told me, I never knew those facts and I would have thought the dynamite exploded. They could have carved four presidents bodies, and The China Room is in the White House. I wonder how big Mt. Rushmore was?

From,
          Roboticwaffle

1. That’s right, they carve by exploding the dynamite to blast away the rock.

There’s so many amazing places in the world to visit if you are curious, adventurous, tolerant and adaptable! I wonder where you will go next?

5. Hello Roboticwaffle,
    Your picture looks like another reality, amazing!!! I have never been to Grand Canyon, but I heard about it. One of the most popular places in the world 🌎 I would like to visit a lot of places all over the world, and I would like to ask you what your favorite place except Grand Canyon??
    You can visit our blog and see different posts of the country
    Chris from Kazakhstan 🇰🇿

1. @ Christine,

Thank you for the compliment, and I got the picture on google earth. I haven’t been to the Grand Canyon before, I know it’s in northwestern Arizona, and the other facts I had written. I’ve been to many places, I would like to go to other places too, and the closest place to Kazakhstan I’ve been to is India. My favorite places are the CN tower in Toronto, Big Ben, the London Eye in London, how beautiful India was with the flowers and that everything was green. What popular places have you been to?

From,
      Roboticwaffle

6. Hello, Roboticwaffle

Yes, I do know about the Grand Canyon. I know that Theodore Roosevelt named The Grand Canyon. I would know since I was Theodore Roosevelt for my biography.

I’ve been to the Grand Canyon using virtual reality viewers like you. It was such a beautiful site. I would like to go, but not on screens.

Bye for now,
    Veronica Pink